Date:Tuesday January 6 2009
It's been a chilly week throughout the country and the Football League have released a statement reiterating their desire for a better plan-of-action to be put in place for travelling fans during cold spells. On the official Football League website their Head of Communications, John Nagle stated that 'given the low temperatures we are currently experiencing it is very likely that we'll see a number of games being called off in the days ahead. Therefore, it is important that clubs do everything they can to prevent supporters making wasted journeys to postponed fixtures.'
So, if a game is in jeopardy here is the 5-point plan-o-action that clubs should adhere to...
• provide an early warning to The Football League that the fixture might be in doubt and seek appropriate advice;
• contact the visiting club at least 24 hours prior to kick-off to ascertain their travelling arrangements and to keep these in mind throughout the ensuing lead up period;
• contact the match referee to inform him of the situation and to make him aware that an early inspection might be required. If needed, this inspection should be made prior to the visiting club and their supporters beginning their journey;
• contact The Football League if they believe a very early pitch inspection is a sensible course of action (e.g. Friday for a Saturday match). In such cases The League may arrange for the inspection to be made by a local referee, with the decision made by The League, itself, based on his/her report;
• keep supporters informed of any changes to the status of the match through relevant news channels such as Radio Five Live, the Press Association and Club websites & SMS services.
(5-point plan a direct quote from the FL official website)
Join Vital Swindon!
Message Board To visit the message board, click here. Get involved
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Swindon.
Date:Tuesday January 6 2009
Swindon's Smith Set To Return Against Fleetwood (Sunday November 23 2014)
POSH REACTION: Darragh MacAnthony (Sunday November 23 2014)
COOPER: Posh Reaction (Sunday November 23 2014)
Stats: Swindon Town v Peterborough United (Sunday November 23 2014)
Ryan Harley Joins Exeter City (Thursday November 20 2014)
Final Day Fixtures Set (Wednesday November 19 2014)
Nathan Thompson Investigated By Police (Monday November 17 2014)
Power Says Bristol City Lack Class (Monday November 17 2014)
'Lucky' Swindon Beat Bristol City 1-0 (Sunday November 16 2014)
Stats: Swindon Town v Bristol City (Sunday November 16 2014)
|1. Bristol City||18||10||6||2||+14||36|
|4. MK Dons||15||9||3||3||+14||30|
|5. Sheff Utd||17||9||3||5||+4||30|
|6. Notts County||17||8||5||4||+8||29|
|Swindon's Smith Set To Return Against Fleetwood
» Swindon : 23/11/2014 20:16:00
|Vital Posh MOTM v Swindon Town Poll
» Peterborough : 23/11/2014 13:45:00
|Rate The Ref - Posh v Swindon - Phil Gibbs
» Peterborough : 23/11/2014 13:11:00
|Vital Posh MOTM Results -V- Walsall
» Peterborough : 23/11/2014 12:38:00
|One Small Step for Sky Blues
» Coventry : 23/11/2014 12:05:00