Date:Tuesday January 6 2009
It's been a chilly week throughout the country and the Football League have released a statement reiterating their desire for a better plan-of-action to be put in place for travelling fans during cold spells. On the official Football League website their Head of Communications, John Nagle stated that 'given the low temperatures we are currently experiencing it is very likely that we'll see a number of games being called off in the days ahead. Therefore, it is important that clubs do everything they can to prevent supporters making wasted journeys to postponed fixtures.'
So, if a game is in jeopardy here is the 5-point plan-o-action that clubs should adhere to...
• provide an early warning to The Football League that the fixture might be in doubt and seek appropriate advice;
• contact the visiting club at least 24 hours prior to kick-off to ascertain their travelling arrangements and to keep these in mind throughout the ensuing lead up period;
• contact the match referee to inform him of the situation and to make him aware that an early inspection might be required. If needed, this inspection should be made prior to the visiting club and their supporters beginning their journey;
• contact The Football League if they believe a very early pitch inspection is a sensible course of action (e.g. Friday for a Saturday match). In such cases The League may arrange for the inspection to be made by a local referee, with the decision made by The League, itself, based on his/her report;
• keep supporters informed of any changes to the status of the match through relevant news channels such as Radio Five Live, the Press Association and Club websites & SMS services.
(5-point plan a direct quote from the FL official website)
Join Vital Swindon!
Message Board To visit the message board, click here. Get involved
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Swindon.
Date:Tuesday January 6 2009
STFC: Turnbull Re-Joins Swindon On Loan (Sunday August 2 2015)
STFC: Former Town Loanee Stephens Joins Boro (Friday July 31 2015)
STFC: Liverpool Clash Sells Out (Thursday July 30 2015)
STFC: Town Sign Fabien Robert (Thursday July 30 2015)
JPT Celebrates Ten Years - Swindon (Tuesday July 21 2015)
Swindon Sign Liverpool Starlet On Loan (Friday July 10 2015)
Wes Foderingham Signs For Rangers (Friday July 3 2015)
The Supporters Summit - Swindon (Friday July 3 2015)
Swindon Confirm Ormonde-Ottewill Signing (Thursday July 2 2015)
Anton Rodgers Signs New Swindon Contract (Thursday July 2 2015)
|19. Sheff Utd||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|STFC: Turnbull Re-Joins Swindon On Loan
» Swindon : 02/08/2015 20:22:00
|City`s Central Defensive Options
» Coventry : 02/08/2015 20:00:01
|Blackburn 3 Latics 0 - Preseason Over
» Wigan : 02/08/2015 11:45:00
|Bore Draw In Memorial
» Peterborough : 02/08/2015 09:57:00
|Dickov not ruling out more signings before season starts
» Doncaster : 02/08/2015 09:09:00