Date:Monday February 1 2010
Thanks to lazy journalism and wind-up merchants online we've been led down dead ends and fed lies in recent weeks and months about what's going on at Swindon Town.
Tonight, Danny Wilson participated in a BBC Radio Wiltshire fans forum. He answered many questions (too many on conceding late goals though!)... Here are the main point of the evening...
* The bids that failed on before Deadline Day was due to injury problems at the clubs where the players belong. Matt Ritchie of Portsmouth and Celtic's Paul Caddis are believed to be the targets. These deals could occur when the loan market re-opens next week.
* There was no contact or bids from Bristol Rovers (or any other club) for Billy Paynter.
* Jon-Paul McGovern was offered a new deal weeks ago.
* Alan Sheehan is making good progress and could return from injury sooner than anticipated. Wilson confirmed that they tried to bring him in permanently but the Irishman wanted to keep his options open until the summer.
* Simon Ferry is another player the Town manager would like to sign on a full-time deal but that would also be up to the player.
* There was no contact or bid from Preston North End (or any other club) for Scott Cuthbert - the tabloids had linked the Scotsman to Preston after Darren Ferguson was seen at a Town fixture.
* Callum Kennedy and Kurt Hammonds remain long term absentees.
* Deals for Harry Arter and Charles Ademeno could happen in the Summer. Wilson felt that we happen enough options in Arter's position while he hadn't seen enough of Ademano to commit.
* Wilson hopes that they can convince Alex Henshall to sign a professional contract with Town.
* Charlie Austin should sign a new two year deal this week.
Join Vital Swindon!
Message Board To visit the message board, click here. Get involved
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Swindon.
Date:Monday February 1 2010
Cheltenham Re-new Rooney Interest (Thursday May 23 2013)
Swindon Reject Flint Request (Tuesday May 21 2013)
Flint Hands In Transfer Request (Tuesday May 21 2013)
VITAL SWINDON AWARDS: Midfielder Of The Season (Monday May 20 2013)
Benson Made Available For Transfer (Monday May 20 2013)
2013/14 Confirmed League One Clubs (Sunday May 19 2013)
Bradford Join Swindon In League One (Saturday May 18 2013)
Devera Set To Sign For Pompey (Wednesday May 15 2013)
Swindon Offer Contracts To Five (Thursday May 9 2013)
Swindon Town Release Five Players (Thursday May 9 2013)
|5. Sheff Utd||46||19||18||9||14||75|
|7. Leyton Orient||46||21||8||17||7||71|
|8. MK Dons||46||19||13||14||17||70|
|Trio targeted by Alex
» Crewe : 24/05/2013 14:08:00
|Big future for keeper
» Crewe : 24/05/2013 13:55:00
|Rovers to visit
» Crewe : 24/05/2013 13:45:00
|Ricoh Return Ruled Out
» Coventry : 24/05/2013 13:18:00
|Footballers found not guilty
» Bournemouth : 24/05/2013 13:17:00
|Lowe Set For MK Dons Exit
» MK Dons : 24/05/2013 10:49:00
|Teenage Midfielder Pens Pro Deal
» Carlisle : 24/05/2013 10:40:00