Fan Reaction To Fallon Transfer
The reaction to the Rory Fallon transfer has been 'mixed' to say the least. Fallon a fan favourite at the County Ground was sold earlier today to Swansea City for a rumoured £300,000 with a percentage of that fee going to Fallons old club, Barnsley.
The Supporters have reacted with happiness and Anger. Here are some key points raised by the happy and upset fans.
- Many feel that Swansea overpaid for Fallon who for the most part did nothing for the first couple of season's at Swindon
- They feel that the club has done the right thing cashing in on a player that would leave in the summer
- Fan reaction was positive, as it became increasingly clear that Fallon did not want to remain at the County Ground beyond this season.
- Fans feel that Rory has betrayed them and the club that showed loyalty to him.
- General feeling is, if we got £450,000 for Sam Parkin in the summer, then £300,000 for a mediocre striker was too good a deal to turn down.
- Feel that Fallon will likely be stuck playing for the reserves behind, Lee Trundle, Adebayo Akinfenwa and Leon Knight
- Some feel by selling Fallon we are automatically relegated to League Two now after losing our highest goal scorer.
- Many feel that the money from the transfer will be put away to clear debts and not to upgrade the team
- They feel that the team had a better chance at avoiding relegation with Fallon.
- Feel the board was greedy and never took the club's best interest's into consideration.
- Feel the club has no ambition.
WHY NOT DISCUSS THE RORY FALLON TRANSFER IN OUR FORUMS?