AWAY GROUND REVIEW: Portsmouth
- The ground itself is absolutely fantastic if your into old school grounds, Wires everywhere, toilets are absolutely rubbish, zero facilities, how this ground ever sustained Premier League Football is beyond me. For a club who played in Europe it was bizarre not to see any corporate boxes or any sort of non-match day facilities. Was quite easy to see why the club is on the brink of liquidation, looks like over 100% of their income went on the wage bill. There were no programmes on sale to away supporters on our visit either. Until Pompey update their stadium with some corporate boxes or move to a new one, they shouldn`t be looking any higher than League One Football at the moment.Home Fans
- Didn`t have any issues, Had been warned before they can be a bit excitable. Had the usual waves from the local chavs but apart from that very friendly fans who were a credit to their club, despite losing 2-0 they were still in full voice on 90 minutes.Parking
- Plenty of Parking on side streets although we parked at the Good Companion pub about a 5 minute walk from the Ground. Stewarding
- Stewards were fine if not a bit inept. Don`t think they expected anywhere near the amount of Swindon Town fans who showed up, The stewards crammed us all in the same three sections before coming to their senses and opening a fourth section.Food
- Got to the ground, there was no hot food as they didn`t expect as many Town fans to show up, anyway half time came around and for a pie and bottle of coke it was a tear jerking £5.00. Away Fans Pub
- The Football Ground Guide suggested the Good Companion. As per the norm with Swindon Town`s away support, there was a decent police presence outside. The service in the pub was quite quick despite the pub being very busy. Beer was good as well.Overall
- I`d go back as it`s quite local to Swindon. It`s a shame really to see a club in disarray. Hopefully they can get their act together by the next time we visit. On the pitch it was a good result 2-1 Swindon Town win.
Vital Swindon Town on:
Vital Swindon Town on: Join Vital Swindon Town
It's easy to REGISTER HERE
, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!