OPPOSITION VIEW: AFC Bournemouth
1) Not long ago, Bournemouth were near financial ruin, what has happened recently to see the Cherries become one of the Leagues top spenders?
A mysterious Russian millionaire by the name of Maxim Demin purchased 50% of the football club, we now have a Russian flag waving proudly next to the Union flag in the newly developed and landscaped car park and Ushanka's on sale in the club shop during the winter months. If it seems like a story line out of Dream Team, well it is, he's never spoken in public and most fans wouldn't recognise him if he walked past them as he's rarely pictured in the media.
2) What do you know about Swindon Town?
I know they are equally as big spending and able to turn down offers from ourselves who were trying to throw money at you for Matt Ritchie. I also have a soft spot for them as my first AFCB game was actually at Swindon.
3) What do you think of Town boss Paolo Di Canio? Is he good for lower league football?
He's certainly a character and character's are always good for the game no matter what the level. Whether I would find him half as entertaining if he was in charge of my team I don't know, but from a distance he's certainly an added entertainment factor.
4) Are you sick of hearing about 'Paolo Di Canio's Swindon Town' yet?
I might be come 5pm on Saturday evening.
5) Where do you see The Cherries finishing this season?
We've spent far too much money to not be involved in the promotion chase this season. So far we've shown flashes of potential, but only flashes, we need to see it on a far more consistent basis to build on that to become true promotion contenders.
6) Which player should Town fans look out for?
Difficult one as while we've spent an awful lot of money on individuals, Paul Groves is trying to build a team and not one player has really stood out and shone so far this season. Matt Tubbs has scored two goals in two games, so if selected he should be a threat, but there doesn't appear to be any guarantee that he will start.
7) The Cherries have made numerous attempts to lure Matt Ritchie to the club, do you think their pursuit is over?
I'd like to think so! While I would undoubtedly like to see him in our team, I hate to think just how high the figure would need to rise to for you to sell.
8) Where do you see Swindon Town finishing this season?
We've shown before and other sides in the past have also shown that the momentum from one promotion campaign can push you towards fighting for back to back promotions and I think with Swindon's ambition you will be there or there abouts come the end of the season.
9) Do you have any specific Town V Cherries memories?
I have many, both good and bad. As I said before my first game was at Swindon, a 2-2 draw with Steve Jones scoring both goals for us. There was also the 3-0 win which was marred with Warren Cummings breaking his leg right in front of the Cherries supporters and the time when loanee Asmir Begavic forgot how to handle a football.
10) What are your predictions for our match on Saturday?
It certainly won't be 0-0! We try and break on the counter and control the possession, but with a few injury problems in the centre of midfield we might struggle. We've also become a bit of a draw specialist, so perhaps a score draw.
Vital Swindon Town on:
Vital Swindon Town on:
Join Vital Swindon Town
It's easy to REGISTER HERE, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!