OPPOSITION VIEW: Burnley
1) How has the season gone so far at Turf Moor?
Pretty inconsistent start. We are capable of playing really attractive impressive football at times and then seem to go to the opposite end of the spectrum and put in some dire performances.
2) A lot of talk in Wiltshire is the return of Charlie Austin, how is he doing so far?
Well be afraid, be very afraid!! He is scoring for fun. A hat-trick and a brace in the last two games he has played. Nine goals so far this season. Becoming a crowd favourite.
3) Charlie asked to move on quite early in his Swindon career after banging them in, do you think Charlie will ask to move in January?
I don't think he will ask to move but I can see richer Championship clubs (maybe even Prem clubs) coming in for him and offering him better deals. Going to be a test of the club's resilience in January especially if he keeps scoring like he has this season.
4) What players apart from Austin, should Town fans look out for?
Paterson in 4-4-2 with Austin could give you problems. He runs and runs and never gives up! Club looking after him though due to a spate of injuries in recent seasons. He normally plays an hour and is then replaced. Trippier, right back is dangerous when going forward and putting over crosses. Also can whack in a goal or two from distance.
5) Is Eddie Howe the right man to manage Burnley? Do the fans back him?
I think the jury is still out. After Laws, we certainly want him to be successful but this is his team now and the results have to start going consistently in our favour to avoid any signs of unrest amongst the fan base. He is no Owen Coyle though and lacks that magical,motivational, inspirational animated approach in the dugout that we witnessed from Coyle during our promotional season!
6) Arguably, most lower league coverage centres around Swindon Town mainly down to our manager Paolo Di Canio, what are your thoughts on Paolo and is he a good advert for lower league football?
Bit of a character owd Paolo and if anybody is going to get you up to the Championship,it's likely to be him. Good luck (after our game of course) and here's hoping that if Burnley don't get promoted we will be playing your lot next season.
7) What do you know about Swindon Town?
I don't know too much about the club and we don't seem to play each other that often. I'm 58 now and still remember the heartbreak you dished out to us at the Hawthorns in the League Cup Semi-final replay back in 1968!!
8) you recently spent a season in the Premier League, what caused your relegation?
Lack of ambition by the club and their inability to motivate Owen Coyle to stay in January of that year. Brian Laws was brought in on the cheap and was never going to be accepted by the fans. We needed to 'speculate to accumulate' and they tightened their belts when one or two extra key players could well have kept us up. I firmly believe had Coyle been given the extra dosh he would probably have stayed and Burnley would have survived by winning a few extra games at home.
9) What is the aim for Burnley this season?
Realistically we are destined to finish mid-table. We would have to punch above our weight to get promoted again.
10) Finally, what are your predictions for Tuesdays match?
Actually I am quite worried about this game. We could easily lose this one! I have a feeling it will go to extra time and maybe even penalties. Hoping we can sneak it by the odd goal in normal time. 2-1 Clarets.
Vital Swindon Town on:
Vital Swindon Town on:
Join Vital Swindon Town
It's easy to REGISTER HERE, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!