AWAY GROUND REVIEW: Bradford City
- When we visited it was a time of happiness for Swindon Town fans as we had just won the League Two title the week before so we were there to celebrate. On the flip side Bradford City and Lincoln City supporters were there to remember loved ones lost in the Bradford City Valley Parade fire where over 50 people in 1985. The ground is Premier League standard and has tons of character. To your right is the massive Co-operative and Carlsberg Kop stands. These two dwarf the other two stands. Away fans were housed at the corner of the Midland Road stand whilst to the left is the TL Dallas Stand where more of the vocal City support was. The stadium itself is very modern and a good one to visit apart from the long journey it's definitely worth visiting. The area around the ground is a dump though with streets, paths and buildings all falling apart.Home Fans
- On the whole Bradford City fans were very welcoming, most making comments like 'congratulations', 'well done' for winning the League the week before. We never had any problems although we are told there is a dodgy element to Bradford's support although they were not about on our visit. Parking
- No problem parking near the ground on the road.Stewarding
- Nothing wrong with the stewarding in the stands, but one stupid steward tried to wind up Swindon supporters after the match and was lucky to get away without having a size 9 in the size of his head. This idiot doesn't represent the stewarding as a whole at the stadium though just some jumped up nobody.Food
- Only had confectionary as we were 'on it' celebrating and went for a proper curry in Bradford following the match.Away Fans Pub
- We went to the Bradford Arms pre-match but the place is tiny and the bar staff incredibly slow. Once you have 15 people in the pub you have no chance of getting served. The one pint we managed to get served seemed ok.Overall
- Definitely worth the trip to visit one day, its not grim up north. The fans are nice the stadium rich in history and be sure to visit the fire memorial and leave a scarf. Had Cracking curry after the match at the 3 Singh's (Visit their website by Clicking Here)
, if you have the time or staying over night be sure to visit. Friendly staff there and a good ruby to boot. Bizarrely Swindon Town were given a police escort on advice supposedly that they were expecting trouble however there was no trouble or any sign of it ever kicking off.
Vital Swindon Town on:
Vital Swindon Town on: Join Vital Swindon Town
It's easy to REGISTER HERE
, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!