AWAY GROUND REVIEW: Bristol City
- Ashton Gate is a ground very similar to the County Ground however just bigger. The ground has four separate stand, 2 smaller ones at the ends and 2 bigger ones the length of the pitch. We have made two visits to Ashton Gate at the time of writing this and found it to be a very enjoyable day out. On the approach to the Ground there is a big overhead sign that says "Bristol City Football Club". On both visits we have been housed in the Wedlock Stand. Beware as the seats flip up and have no back so its easy to tumble over the back of the seats, much to the amusement of your fellow supporters . There are also a few posts which block the view of the action .Home Fans
- Being a local derby you get a few idiots but on the whole we have never seen any trouble between supporters due to the large police presence. Normal banter during the match but no idiotic violence to report.Parking
- There is a bit of parking near the ground but is for BCFC permit holders only. We would suggest taking the train to Bristol Temple Meads and get the train to Parson Street. This also gives you a chance to grab a beer in the likely safer area of Bristol Temple Meads station.Stewarding
- The stewards were ok on our second visit but during our first visit the stewards were rubbish, taunting Swindon Town fans with "thumbs down" following our relegation to League Two.Food
- We had a Hot Dog which was a Westlers in a baguette but the baguette was broken in half and stale. The hot dog had been sat in the steam tray for quite some time. Filled a hole though but was £4.20 including a bottle of coke.Away Fans Pub
- Many pubs around the ground don`t allow away fans in. We suggest drinking in Swindon and getting the train down, Drink in Bath and get the train down or drink near Bristol Temple Meads station.Overall
- Being a local derby, always a fixture to look out for. A good day out, never seen much trouble and would definitely go again, being one of the cheaper days out due to its close proximity to Swindon.
Vital Swindon Town on:
Vital Swindon Town on: Join Vital Swindon Town
It's easy to REGISTER HERE
, simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!